If you would like to make a donation use the option below.
Corporate membership allows (2) officers and (2) guests of the corporation to attend any SFPS function at no charge.
Lifetime membership is $500. Want to pay by check, contact us?
Anyone under 40 years of age may join for $1.00 per year! You can redeem this offer at any SFPS meeting or activity. Please select the $1.00 option on the digital form and don’t forget to sign up for our e-mail list.
To fill out a membership form click here.
More information or questions? Please send an email to:
Why contribute to the SFPS?
The South Florida Palm Society is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to disseminate information encouraging interest in palms and the use of those plants. Funds donated to the SFPS are used to help support local botanical gardens, botanical research, planting projects, and educational efforts.
SFPS Member Benefits
We offer our members numerous benefits. Part of your donations go to supporting worthy plant-related organizations. Those contributions & collaborations have included Montgomery Botanical Center, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, TREEmendous Miami, and Zoo Miami.
The list below highlights a number of the benefits and opportunities you will enjoy as a member of the Society.
* Keep up-to-date with our activities via email announcements & the SFPS electronic newsletter, Coconut FREE Press.
* Invitations to private garden tours. (Let us know if you have a potential location!)
* Palm seeds + seedling distributions when available & shared by SFPS members.
* Attend (5) bimonthly meetings with a guest speaker and plant exchanges / raffles / auctions.
* Participate in December holiday party & annual plant auction.
* Learn palm biology and horticulture from members & experts.
* Vote for Directors for the South Florida Palm Society board.
* Volunteering projects at local gardens and around the community.
* Join a committee and volunteer to assist the SFPS Board.
Are you interested in palm identification, germination, propagation, and cultivation? Then you’re in the right place.
Welcome to the South Florida Palm Society.